Thursday, September 19, 2019

When The Good Die Old






As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

One of the pleasant things about being the publisher of the most powerful blog in the world is as in Horace Greeley, I can write anything here and call it news, as my editor has to publish it all.

It is one thing to be the whispering conscience to the President's delusional tweets, but it is another thing when something import is to be published and I am highly upset, worse than when the mother went tits up after after Thanksgiving, because this is about real life.

I hate most people, as you have proven that you deserve it. Just like my neighbor has proven he is one of the good people. I have known Robert Bob my whole life. His son is the neighbor who feeds our cattle and keeps our roads open. He was the last person to see the mother alive before she died with me.
Dan stopped us this afternoon and asked if we had heard about Dad. I said no. He then said the bull got him, busted every bone in his body, and he told Dan not to move him as he wanted to kill that goddamn bull he fought off, in being 85 years old.

They can't do anything for him. The hospital staff was going to drain the fluid in his lungs as his pacemaker is going off non stop, but the family said no.
I wondered why Dan's cattle that they had been working that day, were not back in the pasture, and it was because he was 150 miles away at the regional hospital doing what no child should have to do, and that is putting their parent down.

It was a tough hand Dan and I have been played this past year, and it is not what normal people should have to decide, but that is what God decided in Dan's prayer in what was best for his Dad, and I think God could have worked it out a bit better than to be beat to death by a goddamn Angus bull, as I hate that breed. Their meet is tasteless and the bulls are mean.
I am certain that damn bull that killed Bob was the one that had it's head up in the pasture looking at us a few weeks back. I told TL to watch that damn thing as I was looking for a Russian olive tree about 50 yards away if that bastard came through the fence at us as we were walking on the road.
You always watch a bull.

As I type this, Bob is coming back to the local hospital to die. Dan said Medicare would not cover the trip, but he told his sister to bring him back as he would pay for it, as Bob was going to die here.
The last thing Dan said was Bob always said he was going to die with his boots on, and Dan was going to be at the hospital to put his boots on tonight as the last thing he could do for his Dad.

I almost cried which he didn't need and he almost broke down when I looked in his eye, but that is not the way out here. I can think of most of you who deserve to die like this, and most of the assholes I am related to, but Bob didn't deserve an out lik this. Yes it is better than having slush brain and being a geezer in the old folks home as he would have hated that, but it is one tough sled to have a bull crush you, get hauled across the country, get hauled back to die, and and then have to wait around for your lungs to fill up so you drown, as that is what Bob is going through as you read this, unless I can get God to take him home to be with his wife. This is a prayer that I hope works.

This is one memorial TL and I will attend. I will dig through the pile of dead people's clothes I have and find some dress pants and shirt. We drover through a killer fog to make his wife's service, and by God we are going to make this horrid hour in having to say the right things and get the hell out, in a mob of people remembering Robert Bob.

There is going to be a big empty spot without Bob around here. On our walks, Bob stopped and talked or blew the horn at us. Last time we talked he was telling us about the crops in how bad they are. We are going to miss Bob, as he welcomed TL like family and one of the greatest observation he ever made was that, "Michelle Obama was the ugliest woman he ever saw".

This is the way I am handling the extreme sorrow I have that has me feeling sick. It is tough when it is one of the animals we have wating on them to die, and it is tough when it is a neighbor waiting for them to die, knowing what the family is going through and knowing how lost Dan is going to be without his Dad.
I know the pressure of worrying about Bob in his being old is going to be gone, but those two have been together since Dan could walk. The mother always said Dan was out in the barn with Bob at four years old doing chores.

This is frustrating as hell and I would have shot that goddamn bull on the spot, but at 3000 bucks a bull, in this great Trump economy, people just can't afford that cost with HAARP ruining everyone.
You feel helpless and want to do something, but nothing can be done. The proper thing done in America once would be to put a bullet behind Bob's ear and send him home, but now in civilized society people have to die the hard way unless God has something else figured out.

So that is just one more shitty thing this week. At least Bob will not have to deal with what is coming, but I would have liked to have had him in the neighborhood with his 30 30 to shoot the riff raff. Been better than to get killed by a bull and dying the hard way.

The last of my old neighors are dead with Robert Bob, and he was worth gold compared to the pile of shit you are, and the pile of shit Uncle and his kind are. Bob you could count on. Bob was family in he looked out for you and you looked out for him.

I remember the year he almost shit himself to death. Dan said a few years ago he was 15 minutes from toe tag as his heart was beating so slow. I admire the hell out of that old cowman. He was a hard sell son of a bitch.

He was more important to the world and to me than most of the bullshit on this site I have been waisting my time covering.

Nuff Said



agtG