
As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.
I’m setting up a refurbished computer and am not that impressed with this Dell, as it has Windows 11 on it. Probably be a review of that later.
What I found like everyone is that 32 bit does not work on Gates 64 bit, so I search for things that will work and are free. I had been using Apache Open Office, but when I went to download there was nothing there for 11……..the AI says that it still works, but the AI suggested that Libre was the choice as when Apache stopped updating, most of their people went over to Libre.
I really do not need a Windows Suite of anything, as I type on an alternative Word program as Word is too big. What I need is a Spreadsheet in which to do income taxes. Still waiting for my rebate from 47 and for my not having to pay taxes…………
Anyway I downloaded at Grandpas and installed Libre and did a test run on it in pasting a template that TL had created for our taxes in 4 sheets, for each quarter, columns for what we keep track of in expenses and I opened up Libre and took it for a test run.
In a world of things that make one groan, I found Libre was not like a dead weight on the system. I found and opened the Open Office Template that TL had created, and it opened just like it was supposed to. Important for cross platforms. It looked like it should have. I still have to do more testing, but I am impressed with this free program and hope it functions better than Open Office as I have a hell of a time with Paypal numbers or columns not working in Open Office as something is not reading correctly so I have to take all the $ symbols off as Open Office will not remove them on command.
So in the short version, this is a good free program and it is not Microsoft which makes it immensely better and superior.
LibreOffice
Nuff Said
agtG
CLICK HERE to support the popular girl