Monday, May 16, 2011

I had a Dream


I had a dream which I have pondered over today.

It was a dream which was pleasant as it was a surprise in President Ronald Reagan was in it. I always find dreams interesting in most fade immediately in being so vivid in real as this one was as I drifted off back to sleep.

I recall that the President was at my home..........and as I thought about it later, he was like a 30 year old man, but smaller than I remembered him. He was though in that blue business suit and tie with all the class he always had.

I remember as it transferred to the White House, specifically the Oval Office, that I approached with him the Presidential desk with the window behind us. He sat in the chair and I a remember saying, "It has been a long time Mr. President, but it looks good".

One of the details I remember as I was wandering about was President Reagan on the phone, in a three part conversation with someone, and the President was chewing them out in two parts of something he was very displeased with.
It was vintage Reagan though in I could tell after the course had been set, that he had handled it all that efficiently in the one call.

I never personally met Ronald Reagan in this life, which I deeply regret. I did though have peripheral contact with him. He was a Gentleman in a most good natured way, but when Mrs. Reagan was around the jokes stopped and he towed the line.
Every man should have a wife like that even if her moderation brought the best advances and the worst erosion of Conservativism.

I know that in the dream I felt a security and completion which I have not had since the President was there. That is the way America was really. America used to have Presidents like Eisenhower, Johnson and Nixon who the country knew were always on course. Ronald Reagan was like that in you could just count on him to do the right thing in the ship of state.
America used to have a great leader like that to sort of quell things that all the other boobs bumbled into disasters. George W. Bush was steady, but Karl Rove was so busy destroying Conservatives that America has gotten thee worst criminal usurper in any nations history in B. Hussein Obama.
This is Karl Rove's fault in this Bush Dynasty thing that group of self centered patricians has doomed America with.

I hope in that the Reagan Dream was a good sign. It certainly felt a great deal the way America should be..............even if I felt in the dream that the White House was empty, like the doors were left open and DC had nothing there.

It is hard to have a shining city on the hill when the only light is the apparition of Reagan in a window.


agtG