Tuesday, April 19, 2016

How to be Easy Bake French







As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I hate getting up in the morning and making breakfast. To me it seems to tire me out the rest of the morning. So in that, on weekends we usually have one of those hashbrown potato egg bake things that people always have from Christmas or Easter, which is simple to put together and lasts for days.

In the metro, we tried to go to Panera which is a yuppie roll shop, where the food is ......well what you would expect for a place that bans firearms. I love the orange cinnamon rolls and TL really liked the quiche......the one with roasted tomato and feta cheese. I like them too.

The other day as half and half was on a throw out sale in the grocery store, we splurged and with old eggs decided to do the Panera thing for the next week in breakfast. I had picked up two huge old muffin tins from the junk store cheap, so we were all ready to go, except my French blood is limited to Joan of Arc and I am not versed in quiche.

The pastry part is basically pie dough and I found that by using a quart can I could cut out the size, and then flatten them a bit more to make shells that were about right.
I doubled the batch and ended up with a pie.

So for a pie and a dozen huge muffin quiche it was 7 eggs, 2 1/2 cups of half and half, a 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1 onion diced, 8 roma tomatoes (sliced in 3-4 sections, de-seeded, rolled in olive oil and oven-baked as a subs for "sun-dried"), and as feta costs more than the national debt, we used mozzarella and parmesan, with diced bacon in it.

Baked them like 45 minutes (pastry at the same time as the filling) and the things actually turned out. Store in the fridge and it is breakfast. Who knew that French could be this easy.

Nuff Said


agtG