Sunday, May 15, 2016

William Shallert



As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I came across a post that William Schallert had died, and it mentioned his connection with Star Trek, but I could not recognize his photo, until I looked into his eyes, and then I knew who he was.


I always thought William Schallert was what the father of a girl I knew in school. He was someone who I  just did not like in movies, from Will Penney where he played the doctor, or that absolutely perfect prick in the Trouble with Tribbles on Star Trek.

One thing about this man is when he entered a scene, whether it was Patty Duke, Charleton Heston or William Shatner, he not only held his own, he usually dominated the scene. Very few actors ever have that kind of ability to not become invisible with screen presences which just absorb the stage.

I am saddened by how most of the Star Trek guest stars have passed on recently. I was able on special order to gain the OST on DVD and we have been watching it for the past half year, and it is amazing to me how many people went onto notable careers after Star Trek. Their casting was the best in Hollywood.

All of my best to his loved ones and God's comfort as I always will relish his portrayal of the worst bureaucrat in the Federation, who everyone adored to despise.

... SAG president William Schallert has passed way at the age of 93



agtG