Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Hurricane Matthew Interlude

As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

This is a Lame Cherry alert about hurricane Matthew or Matty as hurricanes should all be named after English sounding women.

The first thing is that 90% of the people should be killed by a hurricane, but will not, so that leaves 10% of the decent people, dealing with 90% of the road kill. So there are a few things you had better get straight and understood.

From this moment on, those in the path of this hurricane from Florida to Virginia, once the arms begin making contact with your area which is a 300 mile area of influence, you are looking at 48 hours at least of shitting in the same toilet you are now located.

The South is a disaster in none of it's infrastructure is like Western American in being built to take snow, ice, hurricane winds (and yes places like North Dakota experience at least a dozen hurricane force winds  a year in cyclones and blizzards and their power rarely goes out because they have spent the money on infrastructure and most of their trees are broken off and roofs ripped off so wind there does not matter.), so you will have debris all over the place.

If you are in a lowland area, you are living your last as there will be 6 to 20 inches of rain in this storm. That is flooding, so you should have gotten out of lowlands or coastal areas.

Your windows are going to have to be secured with duct tape on the inside and plywood SCREWED into place, and you will stay inside until winds are "only" 40 miles an hour, and better at 20.

What comes with this are storms, as in tornadoes, again a bigger problem than the hurricane in most locations.

Some tips. Get some plastic 5 gallon buckets to fill with water to flush your toilet in case you get into a 7 days without electricity zone. People there already know about food and water and evacuations.

This hurricane is going to roar as that is what hurricanes do. They make different sounds on the ocean, on hardwood lands and evergreen lands.......evergreens hiss more than roar, but all the same, this thing will make a great deal of noise.

When I first saw this thing, instinct told me it was going to hit north Georgia in land fall. The experts all say the Disney Coast, but it is still not tracking that way 12 hours out.

Winds are going to be 140 at the inner walls, and around 100 on the coast.  Wind will be sheered as it hits the land and begins it's eddy's and currents of billowing, which will slow it down. Lo pressure systems which a hurricane is, rotate counter clockwise, meaning most people will be getting winds from the easterly direction, northeasterly in the wrap around. So if your shelter is exposed to that direction without any appreciable deflection as a mountain, you are going to experience high winds. Do not think that even hidden by a mountain that the effect will not hit, because wind rolls. It just depends where the dead spot is.
As an example in TL and I on our walks, have dead zones in 50 mph winds which seem impossible, but there are such locations and locations where downbursts occur.

I will note this as of 5 o'clock eastern time, the hurricane wall is not holding up, due to dry weather and it is out of sorts. It still is a bad series of thunderstorms though.

So expect life to not be electronic. Get your batteries charged up and know that microwave communication cuts out during moisture in the air.

If this hits the Georgia area, it should breakdown and be forced out probably in the Virginia area, back into the Atlantic, as there was some "weather" in the Great Plains in a massive system which pounded them (yes no one cared) of 2 days of hurricane winds and torrential rains with flooding. This should hold Matthew and put him back out to sea.

God be with the Good as the 90% are out there and a greater danger than the hurricane. It is why one stays inside safe, expects 48 hours of frowning, and someone will have probably a week of pioneer life.

Great news for someone plotting a wedding. 

Hurricane conditions are expected to spread northward in the warning
area in Georgia and South Carolina Friday night and Saturday with
tropical storm conditions expected on Friday.