Saturday, April 28, 2018

Coon Meat



Run out of bar meat the first of June, that is when I went huntin for some coon.
Skinned him out for another fur hat, turned the steaks into sausage so how bout that.
Davy, Davy Crockett, a coon huntin' American


As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I realize that some tards from the urban areas will think Coon Meat has some Negroid connection, as Africans are known to eat each other in Africa, but this post is about the wonder of breakfast and lunch is just a road kill away, in I discovered some recipes for Racoon meat.

Yes Davy Crockett had the coon skin cap, which I hope to have one day, as I love fur hats to keep my head warm,  which is important when Melania Trump and I are out baby seal hunting and she having banned fur, will be suffering sinus problems while I in my coon skin cap will be toasty warm.
Oh and that baby seal stuff, there is no more lovely fur than seal fur. It is like silk and I was presented some as a gift from some Alaskans  long ago.

This is though not about bonding in Canada in harvesting renewable resource, this is about road kill, unless of course you want to trap your own coons or get a coon hound and tree some of those bandits.

Coons are fatty, really fatty, because they are of the ursa family of bear. This is why Davy work the coon skins and never mentioned eating coon, as he had access to bear.........and I do mean lots of bear. Davy used to go bear sticking in killing piles of them. They used to render the lard out and sell it down river, before coons got sold down river for trying to flee the plantation comforts.

Anyway here are the coon recipes, and as coon tastes like bear, and they say bear tastes like good pork, think of this as pork sausage. Not many meals you can sit down and and wear the fur cap while you eat the coon steaks. With pigs you just get footballs and with bears they are too big as no one wants to wear a cap bigger than the table cloth.


3lbs Coon meet (fat removed as much as possible)
2 tsp Sage
1 Tsp Thyme
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper (fresh Cracked)
1 Tsp Paprika
1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves



3 lbs lean coon meat
1 lb ham (optional)
1/2 lb bacon
2 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder

Grind up bacon and coon, mix with spices to form patties and fry in dry pan till well done.

See the sage makes it taste like pork sausage. Fennel  will do the same thing. The bacon and ham add moisture and smoke flavor. Any way now you have the best cuisine of eats.

Is my hope to Crockett a bear or bears. Always wanted big ole bear skins on  the bed and snuggled under it on winter nights. Then again I hope to be wearing my coonskin hat as I catch up killing bears as I missed out the 3 year old part, but then again I still have to make up for the coon sausage.

Say did you know I used to watch Davy Crockett with Fess Parker, and the opening threw a hatchet at a tree and split it. I was 5 year old throwing an  axe at an elm to split that thing, axe flying all over the place deflecting it, but no split tree. How was I to know Disney was lying to me.

No lies about coon sausage though...........I feel like singing.


Fess Parker - Ballad of Davy Crockett (1955) - YouTube

Theme Song. Fess Elisha Parker, Jr. (August 16, 1924 -- March 18, 2010) was an 6'6" American film and television actor best known for his portrayals of ...




agtG