Friday, August 10, 2018

A Lame Cherry Summer Salad




This is not mine, and looks like dung. NEVER leave chunks of ham
in a salad this big, as it is just too intimidating.


As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

OK I needed something cool for my neighbor who needs to be thanked for the things he does, so we cook for him. This time it was a ham, pea, pasta salad of my own making as I could find nothing online which appealed to me.

It is all pretty simple and if you leave this sit overnight the smokiness of the ham flavors things up better.


1 16 ounce box of rotini cooked and cooled in cold water
5 sweet pickles dices
1/2 pound ham
1 half bag of frozen peas
2 Roma tomatoes diced
Sharp Cheddar cheese for topping


1 1/2 cups mayo
1 1/2 cups Hidden Valley dressing
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
Pepper to taste


I get tired of potatoe salad during the summer and this is a nice break. Also is almost a meal if you have some nice crackers and a fresh sliced cucumber.


Nuff Said

agtG