Tuesday, December 25, 2018

A 48 Ford in 45 Germany



As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I enjoy spotting things in my favorite programs that no one else seems to have noticed. I watch Hogan's Heroes as a pastime as I laugh at that series in the jokes I know 500 times over.

As I was watching the program The Gold Rush, I said to TL, that truck is a Ford and sure enough on the front of it was FORD.

 

I got to thinking that this truck was a 1948 Ford. That is 3 years after the war ended, and is something that is delightful. It seems odd as they had numbers of German trucks for other segments, but for some reason they decided to sneak by a Ford.



I can not watch that series now without looking at the California hills surrounding the camp, along with the berms hiding the highways.

I realize that none of this makes a difference in the world, no more than Baa Baa Blacksheep from World War II has a jet contrail in one scene, but it is fun to spot things no one else has noted.




Nuff Said


agtG