Monday, May 11, 2020

Heritage Rancher







As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


There are very few firearms that I really do not lust after, well there are numbers of them, as I loathe plastic guns, loathe things that look like clubs, and I should say, there are a finite number of pretty firearms that I do not plot to own.

The Heritage Firearms Rancher is one of the select few that I will never plot to own. I do not like revolver rifles due to powder blow back, they are heavy handling things and I just see no purpose for them, other than conversation pieces.

Why dealers are not producing those cheap little Remington pump 22's which were baby sized is beyond me, but they turn out lots of these other things, and the Rancher is one of these other things, in a most beautiful package.

The thing is Heritage makes affordable guns, and I like that. They also make firearms which are pretty as much as functional. Most people are not going to fire 10,000 rounds through a firearm in a year, or a lifetime, so that kind of expense on a gun is just ridiculous.

For me, when the gun was on sale, we purchased a Chiappa 22 in 22 mag also. It is a cheap thing, with a barrel liner around cheap steel, but when I walk up to a trapped animal, it goes bang, and when I used it last year in a cab carry firearm in the pickup, it served perfectly. I shot it aould 30 times with TL, and in that it cost 500 dollars less than a Ruger or Smith and Wesson, and did the same thing, and I would not have shot them that much either.




Except for that stupid claw off the trigger guard, I like this gun, even with the too enhanced buckhorn rear sight. The checkering reminds me of the old John Olin Winchesters, and the wood looks like the 1950's furniture Olin put on his rifles, so this is a beautiful gun. I am sure that if this was the only club I had to kill things with, it would bounce around in the pick for 50 years and harvest anything I put a round into. It is just that I would rather have something more suited to my needs as I like bunty little firearms.

I simply can not talk myself into every purchasing one of these, even when I will be a millionaire someday. Honestly, give me a single shot 22 to do the cab bounce and I would be just as pleased with that as anything.

This post is more about looking at pretty things you never want, than my pretty words. So it finishes up with some more pretty things I will never want.





agtG