Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Everything Looks Worse in Black and White




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


Every time I hear Paul Simon's Kodachrome, I think of my brother's friend  Tom, or cheese balls as he said as that was his nickname, as it reflects perfectly the happy youth he was as we all entered into being adults in figuring out we just had 13 years of our life wasted in being tortured in school.


I was listening to the original soundtrack and then clicked on the Central Park Concert and I could not believe I heard what I heard, because  in the second stanza, Simon is singing about all the  girls he knew, and how none of them could compare to his imagination.........and the punchline is EVERYTHING LOOKS WORSE IN BLACK AND WHITE.

In Central Park they changed the word to Everything looks BETTER in black and white. That is really bothersome as the entire feel of this song was about kid who graduated, and all the crap he learned in high school cluttered up his brain, but now he can read the handwriting on the wall, that none of what you were taught is going to do you any good, because you are not as smart you thought you were, and in the real world no one's dreams come true and that is the shattering reality of when you do grow up and have to do all the miserable shit adults do.


Best of PaulSimon: https://goo.gl/j3WY2ZSubscribe here: https://goo.gl/XFhtQpMusic video by Paul Simon performing Kodachrome (Audio).


"Kodachrome / Mabellene" by Simon & Garfunkel from The Concert in Central ParkListen to Simon & Garfunkel: ...


I still see Tom from time to time, and he always has this impish grin yet and he makes me smile as he is the Kodachrome song in all he always meant to me. All of us can read the handwriting on the wall and everything does look worse in black and white.


Nuff Said

agtG