Thursday, October 19, 2023

End of the World Blow Jobs

 




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


In the Brier, I'm kind of caught between a snow drift and a glacier.


Those pissy little snowblowers do not belong in the country and I do not have the funds to get a tractor snowblower, so I'm snowed in too often, unless TL and I, which we did last winter, scooped out our driveway 3 times which sucks big time.

I have this idea though to put on an electric motor onto a snowblower like I did with the rototiller. Today at JYG's he had a blower sitting there. Like all things JYG, it is in need. I think two cables are broken, the electric starter just hums, and we did get it started, but it is not getting gas into the carb, so something there is plugged, or the float is stuck.

As this is a Sears Craftsman, I suppose I can get parts like the starter. It does have a pull type which does work as the dude who had this one, used the electric.

It had an electric light too........JYG wanted that for his skid steer, so will work on part two of that, but I can't see the need or the point of a light on a snowblower as I have a yard light and I'm not going out to blow snow in the dark.

In the meantime, this is a future project. As I noted for a couch, a chair, foot stool, air compressor, snowblower, fancy window frost scratcher, a fishing rod and reel, we got this pile for 100 bucks. The engine is good and I just need to do that fuel thing to get gas to the engine, then all will be kosher.

This though is not a priority project. I could probably take it to the Tractor Whisperer who would get it running, but I have to study on this for a bit, look at Sears manifestos and see what I need to get in the cables to get those parts functioning. I just had been wanting one sort of since last year, and this one appeared, in not very used condition, so it worked out.

It is a big mother in I think I can blow our driveway out with just two passes. It even has a drift eater with a chain attachment on the top, like the old Badger silage wagons that unloaded fodder.

The tires seem to hold air, it has chains on, so this is one rip snorter apparently. I would rather have the donations to get that tractor with a snow scoop as that would make everything easier, but this is the kind of adventures I like, as people told me that the rototiller would not work, and it is a real monster chewing the blessing into rock hard dirt.

The point will be to get it loaded again, and moved inside, or sheltered as it has had enough exposure to the elements. It is one heavy mother. Not the kind of thing you load into a pick up box. JYG kindly got his loader going and we hooked the chain onto the Craftsman metal plate. I was surprised it did not dent it. That is some tough steel in the name plate.

When I get this where God intends, it will be featured here again. As for now it is an adventure in exploring what this thing is and where the parts go. Time for more research as I have so very much free time with the end of the world coming.


Nuff Said


agtG