Sunday, October 15, 2023

It's the Fire Water and allot More

 




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


The Lame Cherry hopes you are learning something about Two Chiefs, in how jack shit out of luck, you are going to be when the meltdown and old fuel is your world. You better get used to blistered bloody feet as you are going to be walking Nancy as this pick up project is a Goddamn Indian nightmare in what fuckhead people can do to vehicles just to be assholes.


So my vision was to do the carb and all would be running. God has other plans in looking out for me in the shit hits the fan of America though, as when I cranked the engine over, the mechanical fuel pump which was pumping, was not pumping as nothing was going into the pump. The suspect is that the tank is plugged full of shit.

The warning signs have been all over. Piss yellow looking stuff coming out of the fuel pipe. Someone went through the carb and did a kit and it was plugged with dirt and gunk. Then came the fun part in this lesson.......the fuel pump and fuel pump canister filter.

Dude online said the way to get the filter off was to take the fuel pump off as there was not much room.

OK I have a 1974 custom F 100......took the fuel pump off and replaced it. It was easy.

Well on this one, I have the big radiator return hose on one side, and the other are various engine and chassis parts. My 74 had none of this shit. So I crawled under the pick up, tried a channel locks.....no good, tried it again no good, so checked online and this is where I found dude.

I bought a small canister wrench.......no good. Tried a bigger channel locks......no good.

Time to take the pump off.





Did I mention that Two Chiefs is an Indian terrorist special made by FoMoCo? Yes I did, so this thing is really fucked up. So beside the normal shit in the way, the oil sending unit is in the way. No need to worry as it turns but will not come off..........so thank God the old man gave me a tool chess with a ratchet elbow in it as that is the only way this fuel pump was coming off.

The oil sending unit got persuaded further out of the way, as I figured I had to get this done, and worry about that later, and the pump came off.

It was a day of delays, so we went to town to pick up a fuel filter and an inline fuel filter for the Two Chiefs.

I even had TL write down the tag number on the pump, as they are always looking for those numbers. Not to worry.........the number is not in the system, so old dude rummaged around at Thor kept us company and he found one. Got a 5/16ths inline fuel filter too as the other was too large and Thor said they had metal ones too. We got the 5/16ths and it was only like 12 bucks for both. I was expecting like 30 as all this shit is so expensive now.


So got back home, checked things and decided to put the pump back on. I have no idea the directions.....but first..........


I dumped out a half cup out of the canister. Dude said not to grab on the fuel pump arm as it will bend. I kind of stood on it, after my two wrenches would not work, and with the big channel lock the canister came loose.

Now to the but first part in I dumped out what looked like 2 parts old gas, 4 parts yellow piss and 6 parts dirty water. I stirred around in the bottom of this canister and got the mud out.......not good enough as the screwdriver hit metal finally in I had a 1/4 inch of solid concrete dirt in the bottom.

I told you some damn Indian put dirt in that gas tank in some vendetta against that buck.

So I washed that. Washed the fuel pump with water in the sink, as I had a kind of yellow clay that would not come off my fingers, and this brown and black dirt.

That buck Indian, it was obvious, started at the carb and rebuilt that, AFTER he cut the intake cover manifold off in part so it would breathe better as this thing was plugged.  You got to be one sadistic Indian terrorist to pick on an old buck Indian in shoveling dirt into his fuel tank. The old boy gave up about the time the soft plugs rusted out and he cut the intake air cleaner apart. Am grateful for that as I would not have had a pick up if Two Chiefs had not died about them.

As you are told to oil the rubber gasket on oil filters, I put a light coating of oil on this gasket and lightly oiled the threads on the metal canister as I do not want this shittin' thing welded on there again, if  I have to take it off.

I hand tightened and I have strong hands from milking by hand, and tried putting the fuel pump back on.

This was two time effort as the old gasket would not let the bolts through, so I had to take the nearest one off, as the hardest one was not starting in the gasket slipped down. Part two, enter the elbow ratchet and the bolt started, and I carefully tightened them down alternatively not to snap off the wings that the bolts went through.

I was satisfied with that travail over for the long day. I should not have to take the fuel pump off to replace the filter.

I have decided that the in line filter is going next to the intake gas line, as it is better they say to have it on that side of the pump to protect it. That though is another adventure as next comes the taking out of the fuel tank, and hoping that is not going to be another Silly Pony klusterfuck.

I think that is just 7 bolts, take the electronic sending units off, the fuel pipe and the fuel input rubber gasket tube off. Then getting what gas I put in there out, and putting in the garden hose and washing the piss out of it, literally.

Let it dry....if it is not rusted out and I will have to then glaze it.


Am hoping it is a breeze, but so far nothing on this project has been easy............except maybe the carb overhaul of 4 hours. This all has been an absolute mess. I swear you could have sunk this pick up at a New Orleans beach in a hurricane in 1989 and there would have been less wrong with this thing than what these Indians did to this pick up.........

and all of this is AFTER that old boy fixed on it.

Is what happens when you start drinking that firewater the contraband peddlars were making out of gunpowder, red pepper, turpentine, tobacco and probably codeine with just enough blind you permanently radiator quality moonshine that would kill a pig.

At this point, I'm just glad that God was looking out for me as I was going to try and start this thing, and if I had, it would have meant going through the carburetor again as that fuel filter was a nightmare out of some swamp rats ass.


agtG